Tuesday 12 July 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to 'Victoria Sandwich'! I'm Victoria, a thirtysomething year old wife to Christian & mother to my 2 gorgeous little girls Alice & Amelia. Sandwich because of my love of all things foodie - especially my main love of baking cakes .... hence Victoria Sandwich! Clever eh? .... No not really!!! Oh well ;-)

I have been retired for 7 years now ( well it will be in a couple of weeks ) !! And I have to say that the time has come to return to the workplace. Not only for financial reasons ( I'm running out of excuses as to why it's pasta for tea again & there are new shoes in my wardrobe!) but for sanity reasons too. Small children are very lovely indeed but a girl really has to focus on more than Peppa Pig to get one's self through the day! I have been observing those who didn't return to work recently & my findings are that - the lack of adult interaction can result in becoming a bit daft!!!! (kidding by the way ..... or am I!)

This is all very well but as we decided 7 years ago, my roll is to be the main carer - being here for the girls, doing the school run for Alice, preschool for Amelia, being at home through the holidays & during the day ... everyday- not that I'm complaining - I wouldn't change it for the world & I certainly don't want to work just to cover nursery costs either. So returning to work could be kind of tricky as I appear to be left with evenings & weekends & I really don't want to go down the supermarket shelf stacking route. I want to be rewarded for my efforts, enjoy myself & meet like minded people ........... hmmmmm! what could I possibly do?

No comments:

Post a Comment